VISAs to Ukraine could be categorized as follows:
- the transit VISA (type «B»). Stay period is up to 5 days
- short-term VISA for up to 90 days after crossing the Ukrainian border in a time period of 180 days
- long-term VISA type «D» is issued for a period exceeding 90 days for the purpose of further extending the period of residence on the territory of Ukraine
Residences of Greece, Russia and CIS countries who have passport are allowed to enter Ukraine up to 90 days for half a year.
In the case of staying on the territory of Ukraine more than 3 months, VISA type “D” is required.
If the Greek resident married to a citizen of Ukraine, he must open the national VISA for family reunification, which allows to apply for a residence permit. Also in the «D» VISA type required for citizens who traveling to Ukraine for work or study. In this case, necessary official documents confirming the invitation of the person on a workplace with indication of his profession, the company and the period of stay on the territory of Ukraine or an official letter from the educational institution of the student’s enrollment at the university.
For the clergy must have an invitation from a religious organization.
Necessary documents to apply for VISA to Ukraine
- questionnaire (filled by our employees)
- two photos (3.4 X 4.5) on a white background
- insurance for the entire period of stay on the territory of Ukraine
- residence permit in Greece
- payment receipt of consular fees
Tourist VISA is a mark of the embassy of Ukraine in the passport of the tourist, which gives the permission to enter Ukraine for tourism purposes. The list of types of tourism is provided by the Law of Ukraine «About Tourism» and includes: children, youth, family, for the elderly, for people with disabilities, cultural, educational, health and fitness, sports, religious, environmental (green), rural, mountain, adventure, hunting, etc.
For some countries, due to the increased number of unscrupulous foreign tourists tightened the requirements for entry to Ukraine and in each case there are additional requirements for the tourist visas issuing (the existence of a return ticket to confirm the financial status of a tourist). The presence of the Schengen in passport, US VISA, usually has a positive effect on the decision to issue the VISA.
If a VISA is necessary to open a minor citizen, you need a written consent from their parents for independent border crossing and movement within the territory of Ukraine or written statement from a parent to a minor trip accompanied by the other parent.
The processing time is 15 calendar days.
If additional time is needed to verify the documents provided, VISA issuing period can be extended up to 30 days.
VISA urgently carried out only at the request of a foreign citizen, and if there is an opportunity to review the documents submitted in the consular department of urgency.
Depending on the VISA type and in the case if you apply for an urgent VISA or papers will be considered out of working hours, there is a fee, the amount which will be doubled.
Consular fee is not paid by:
- children under 6 years
- people entering Ukraine through diplomatic passports
- employees of foreign diplomatic missions and members of their families
- employees of international organizations
- heads and members of the official delegations of foreign countries and persons who accompany them and who enter the territory of Ukraine at the invitation of the President of Ukraine, the Government of Ukraine and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- family members of people who have been awarded refugee status
Full list of categories of citizens and stateless persons who don’t need to pay for the application fee when applying for a VISA, could be found at the website Ukrainian consulate.
Residents of certain countries don’t require a VISA to enter the territory of Ukraine:
Austrian citizens, Belgium, Britain, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Germany, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, the USA, Finland, France, Czech Republic, Montenegro, Japan.In the case of rejection of VISA issue, the official letter stating the reason will be provided. It is necessary throughout two months to file an appeal with a request to reconsider the decision to issue the VISA.