Marriage to a foreigner is being pretty difficult due to a lot of preparation works. There is a sense to trust us the deal in order to avoid negative effects at the preparation phase.
To register a marriage between foreigner and Ukrainian citizen, all the docs should be composed correctly.
The foreigner who intended to get married with a citizen of Ukraine obligated to provide the following documents:
- original passport or equivalent doc with a recent note about the entry to Ukraine + notarized translation of the passport into Ukrainian language
- original birth certificate
- a certificate of registration (residence permit)
- certificate of marital status
- in the case of divorce or death of previous spouse — the original document of court decision or spouse’s death certificate are required
- a certificate of good conduct from a non-resident of Ukraine
The above-listed documents should be certified by Apostille stamp or legalization + notarized translation into Ukrainian is needed.
The last but not the least important is the preparation of Urainian documents for marriage registration procedure with a foreigner abroad. Ukrainian official documents shall be properly legalized or apostilled in Ukraine, followed by notarial transfer and if necessary, certified by the diplomatic representation of the country of destination in Ukraine.
Anyway, despite of clear algorithm of the procedure, it is hidden too many bureaucratic niceties and formalities that can handle only a true professionals.